ROI Capital values your business. If you are not satisfied with the investment solution or service you received from ROI Capital we would like to take the opportunity to make things right. We offer a process for acknowledging and addressing your concerns in a timely and confidential manner.
The Chief Compliance Officer is responsible to ensure that the established procedures with respect to complaint resolutions are properly followed.
In order to address your complaint in a timely manner please take into consideration the following suggestions:
- Keep copies of all the relevant documentation to support your complaint.
- Your concern is treated on a confidential manner but please be careful with the use of sensitive information (e.g. SIN)
- If more information is required from you, please respond promptly to any solicitation i this regard.
To initiate the process of complaint, please follow these steps:
Please contact the financial advisor that maintains your investment account. Your financial advisor should be able to offer appropriate and timely solutions.
If your concern is unresolved after you followed Step 1. Please contact by email or by phone:
CIBC Client Services:
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST
Telephone: 416 643-5222
Toll-free telephone: 1 866 730-1130
If, after completing Step 2, your complaint is unresolved, please forward your concerns in writing. Please include the following information:
- Your name
- Account number
- Name of your dealer and advisor and the specifics of your concern.
- What outcome came from your conversation with your dealer and advisor regarding the complaint
- Indicate the steps you’ve taken up to this point in trying to reach satisfactory conclusion.
Please submit your written complaint to:
Return On Innovation Advisors Ltd.
43 Front St. East, 3rd Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5E 1B3
Upon receiving your written complaint we will acknowledge that we received it within 5 business days. If further information is required we will request it at this point.
A written decision on your complaint will be provided within 90 days of receiving it. The decision will include:
- A summary of the complaint
- The results of our investigation
- Our decision to make an offer to resolve the complaint or deny it, and an explanation of our decision
- If our decision is delayed or if we cannot provide you with our decision within 90 days, we will:
- Inform you of the delay
- Explain why our decision is delayed,
- Provide you with a new date for our decision
If after completing Step 3 your complaint is not resolved or if our decision is delayed without explanation, you may be eligible for the independent dispute resolution service offered by the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (“OBSI”).
Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI)
401 Bay Street, Suite 1505
P.O. Box 5
Toronto, Ontario M5H 2Y4
Toll-free telephone: 1 888 451-4519
Toll-free fax: 1 888 422-2865